Network Admission Control Technical Lead - 2012-FBI31-92
The Network Admission Control Technical Lead is responsible for the strategic planning, installation and configuration of the Cisco Network Admission Control (CNAC) for a multi-enclave, multi-classification network infrastructure. During the course of the project, design and documentation additions and updates will be required. The Network Admission Control Lead shall at a minimum, have knowledge of CNAC appliances, TCP/IP networking technologies, Cisco products such as Cisco routers and switches and their configuration, troubleshooting, and security of equipment.
- Responsible for configuration of the Clean Access Server (CAS) along with the Regional Clean Access Manager (CAM) and Profiler.
- Responsible for establishing ports in the Clean Access Manager (CAM) and verify profile white lists in the Profiler functions.
- Establish Profiler Lists such as:
- Video Teleconferencing Units (VTC)
- Network Printers
- Provide troubleshooting when needed to include verifying DNS, DHCP, and validity Active Directory structure when testing.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures are implemented, understood, and followed by junior teams.
- Ensures solid working relationships with the customer and other business partners.
- Responsible for making network device changes; takes a planned project-style approach to implementing changes, which address all aspects of the change (people, process, technology, and management) including planning, testing, training, communications, and deployment changes.
- Participates in various working groups and boards related to process improvement.
- Key customer interface with respect to Network Services.
- Provides assessment of reporting, trend analysis, and process.
- Prioritizes task lists, establishes technical milestones, and monitors project timelines.
- Leverages cross functional teams to maximize each function's contribution to design quality while minimizing time to market (ex: Engineering, Deployment, and Operations).
- Displays mission level systems understanding, and translates that thinking throughout the organization both internally to the contract and with the customer.
- Support a Lean and Innovative culture to meet efficiency and growth objectives
- Evaluate existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement deployment changes.
- Generate Cisco Network Admission Control (CNAC) network diagrams using Visio.
- Flexibility and availability for after-hours support as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 9+ years experience with LAN/WAN/MAN Network required .
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Project for schedule and WBS development/tracking.
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and prioritization skills necessary.
- Requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and minimize network outages.
- Ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic, often unstructured, environment
- Experience must include network design, operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs, switches, and associated software tools.
- Configuring CISCO devices using HSRP, Trunking, VTP, and Spanning Tree
- Configuring Cisco Network Admission Control (CNAC) Appliance to include:
- Configuring Cisco Clean Access Server (CAS)
- Configuring Clean Access Manager (CAM)
- Configuring Profiler and Lists
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, and ATM is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and all levels of management. Able to articulate highly technical concepts in a manner that non-technical personnel can understand.
- Must be a self-starter who does not require constant, close supervision.
- Advanced communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals both internally and externally.
- Position requires a high level of planning, project coordination, and prioritization skills to manage the execution of assigned technical activities.
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills are a MUST.
- Bachelor's Degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related experience.
- Cisco Certification CCNP is required.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. An active security clearance at the Top Secret level is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Cisco Certifications CCDP, CCIE, and CNACS is a plus.
- PMP certification
- Previous SCI clearance level
- ITIL V2 or V3 certified
- Master’s level degree in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus.
- Previous Network Deployment experience is a plus.
- Previous federal government contracting experience highly desirable.
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Position Title and Number in the subject line of your response.