Director of DoS Business Development-2012-RHQ5-091
Overview: Responsible for managing DOS Business development, including all relevant contract vehicles, coordinating/monitoring of ACCESS’ DOS contract(s), maintaining customer relationships, building new DOS relationships. Provides business and analytical thought leadership for account strategies, penetration, growth of existing business and strengthening of existing DOS relationships; Responsible for building, developing and qualifying business leads (e.g. pipeline) for DOS (#1 priority) for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses the Shipley BD Life cycle process to identify, qualify new, recompete, and related business opportunities within the DOS in its entirety
- Identifies, qualifies and presents business development opportunities (e.g. builds and maintains a qualified pipeline) for the DOS beginning with existing ACCESS DOS business and expanding that in both breadth and depth within the DOS.
- Knows and understands the metrics associated with building and maintaining a qualified BD pipeline
- In collaboration with research, Identifies all DOS contract vehicles, identifies top 5 most used, aligns opportunities with those vehicles and the company’s core competencies to create a viable pipeline
- Assists Program Management and Operations in establishing new customer relationships and strengthening existing customer relationships
- Coordinates customer visits with PM and Ops Executive to maintain open communication among all relevant company executives involved in BD/Capture and Ops.
- Gathers customer intelligence for all identified opportunities and existing company business; helps establish customer / opportunity requirements wherever possible
- Develops an account plan for DOS business development and maintains on-going pipeline and opportunity qualifications status and BD reports as required
- Develops sub-strategies from overall strategic plan and implements to plan keeping Executive Management apprised of their progress to plan and develops measureable metrics for that plans/implementation.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate management
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires working knowledge/experience and success in developing opportunities and resultant booked business from the DOS;
- Requires outstanding and highly effective oral and written communication skills – specifically being able to clearly, concisely deliver a compelling message within 5 to 10 minutes;
- Requires in-depth knowledge/experience/training in the Shipley Business development life cycle, Shipley BD and opportunity qualification process;
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of computer and MS Suite skills;
- Must understand financial concepts/practices; Knowledge/experience of Business Development practices and procedures; Experience with proposal development and management; Knowledge of recruiting practices, financial cost buildup and overall contract management required.
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an related or applicable field;
- 7 to t10 years business development experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful track record with the DOS;
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable in the Shipley (Government) Business Development Life Cycle process, Step reviews and intelligence gathering, competitive assessment, Solution Architecting and Price-to-Win components of the process
- Must have current, established (deep and broad) DOS relationships resulting from successful business development activities over the past 5 years
- Prefer technical knowledge and/or expertise in any combination of: Managed IT Services; Network Engineering, Agile S/W Development & Web Applications
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Position Title and Number in the subject line of your response.